Monday, October 22, 2012

Walhalla, North Dakota


We took this hike on September 30, 2012 with Robin, Yuriko and Summer Debreuil, Harold and Lori Janzen and Gleni Lepage.  It was a beautiful warm day again so perfect for walking.


This is a pond covered with aglae and with a small bridge over it. Have I mentioned that I love little bridges?




This hike follows the Pembina River after it goes into USA, which is very near where I live.





The bark on this tree, possibly a Linden, was amazing. It reminded me of the Ents in Lord of the Rings.



I don't know what Harold was pointing at but it must have been interesting.


Here we just had a light snack of dried fruit, nuts and cheese.






This is another oxbow.


These pictures were taken by Lori Janzen, the official hike photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment